Sunday, March 2, 2008

Waiting on the Object of Desire

Trying to get back to a human schedule now that "Dead of Winter" has closed. I have a bunch of scripts to read, I'm rewriting my 1991 play "Bombardment" (more on that to come), also revising a one-act called "Farmhouse," and I have two more plays waiting in my notebooks to be typed up. Not working on anything new at the moment...I'm such a slacker.

But...I am hoping tomorrow that the new toy arrives: a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 inkjet printer, which will mean I can make color prints up to 13"x19" with archival inks. In other words, I can hang them for a show and sell them. The 9000 is supposed to be a superb machine...all the reports I've been reading is that you can't tell its quality from a pro lab, and you can print on heavyweight museum stock, art papers, etc. Pretty thrilling prospect since I've always felt my work looks better in a larger format. I still love the traditional silver process for black and white, but this is like having your own color lab, and that's just...too cool.

The object of desire....

No comments: