Monday, August 9, 2010

So Many Theatre Openings, So Little Time


So the other show I'm involved in and is opening August 19th is Fishing For My Father; because Next of Kin and Fishing open the same night, I'm going to have to wait a week to see Fishing...which is a pleasurable sort of dilemma.

Fishing for My Father really isn't my show. It's actor/producer/playwright/wunderkind Chris Harder's (with whom I co-wrote The Centering a couple years ago). I just contributed to some monologues that served as a jumping off point for Chris's extravagantly versatile imagination. I can't wait to see what he's come up with, in company with some of Portland's most talented theatre makers (except yours truly, who's kind of the Rain Man of the bunch). Details follow below.

Break a leg, Mr. Theatre Wizard....

-------

Fishing For My Father
Playing at the CoHo Theatre
August 19, 2010 through August 29, 2010

A family fishing trip turns adventure as an outdoorsman struggles to discover the meaning of fatherhood.

This inventive solo show is packed with traditional monologues, impressionistic dance and surreal clown antics, along with original music and recorded interviews from the community. A fast-paced, funny and heartwarming world premier you won't want to miss!

Devised with some of Portland's top theatre makers, Chris Harder collaborates with Jonathan Walters (Hand2Mouth Theatre), Philip Cuomo (Third Rail Rep), Steve Patterson (Oregon Book Award), Christine Calfas (Dance/Movement), Gretchen Corbett (Third Rail Rep), Rebecca Martinez (Sojourn Theatre), Tim Stapleton (Set), Jim Davis and Jonathan Kreitler (Music).

No comments: