Friday, March 22, 2013

And then Huck said, "The walls keep melting, Aunt Polly."

I'm happy to report that Portland Theatre Works will present a public reading of my two-act play "Rimbaud's Daughter in Louisiana (Or the Drunken Pirogue)"...which has the honor of having the longest title I've ever come up with. It'll be Monday, April 15...details to come. And, lest you ask, it's free.

My longtime director pal Lisa Abbott calls the play "On the Verge" on drugs, but I prefer to think of it more as "Huck Finn" on acid...if Jim was a cynical Cajun woman and Huck was an insane French expatriate who's convinced she's Arthur Rimbaud's abandoned daughter.

Whichever, it's the first comedy I've ever written about symbolist poetry and the closing of American West. I know everyone else already has; so I'm catching up.

Many thanks to Portland Theatre Works for putting up with me again. The info's not on their Website yet, but I'm sure I'll be flogging it shamelessly.

Cheers,

Steve



No comments: