Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wham!

Jesus. The first draft of the new play is finished. How the hell did that happen? At some point, it just took off like a rocket, and it was all I could do to keep up with it.

The working title is still "A Great Fear of Falling" but I'm not quite satisfied with that. In the vernacular of the play, I caint be satisfied. It's a weird sucker. Not that my plays usually aren't, but this one's...a weird sucker. And it involves my long unrequited love with music (the blues, in this case).

Will it work? Damned if I know. I'm just riding the buzz right now, and that's good enough. As Hemingway said: a place you'll never know. (Unless you're a writer, of course.)

S

2 comments:

MattyZ said...

When are you gonna share this puppy? I can't wait! - MZ

Steve Patterson said...

Thanks, man! Probably in Sept or Oct...still have work to do.